RARA-AVIS: Willeford

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 12 Jun 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Bruce Southworth wrote:

> Hubin's Crime fiction index 3 (which goes thru 1995) does have
> listings
> for Belmont as a publisher but has no reference for 'The Machine in Ward
> Eleven' either under Willeford or his pseudonym of Will Charles.

This is just what I've been wondering about - why isn't Willeford listed there as a crime writer, even after the Hoke Moseley books? You could say, on a bad day, that "The Woman Chaser" and "Pick Up" are not crime novels, but "Miami Blues"? "New Hope for the Dead"? And what about "Wild Wives"? Someone should ask Hubin.

And Willeford isn't even in "St. James Guide to Crime and Mystery Writers"!

Juri