RARA-AVIS: White/Cornfield

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 12 Jun 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Paul Sowle wrote:

> Which Lionel White novel did Hubert Cornfield adapt?
> PLUNDER ROAD almost feels like one of White's capers
> gone wrong.

It's "Night of the Following Day", 1968, starring Marlon Brando and Richard Boone. I don't exactly know that novel is that, I don't have a White bibliography at hand (and there seems to be none in the net), but maybe someone here knows. Bill C.?

Some of you might remember that I speculated earlier that Donald Westlake might've had Cornfield's film in mind when he wrote the Parker novel, "Plunder Squad".

> Have you seen LURE OF THE SWAMP? It's
> got quite a bad rep, but I'd seek it out if someone
> recommended it.

Me too, even if no one recommended it. So, I haven't seen it.

Juri