Re: RARA-AVIS: Speaking of Newman movies...and Ross Macdonald...

From: Jim Beaver ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 07 Jun 2001

I like HARPER a lot, despite the name change. It is very Sixties, of course, which means a certain amount of Connery Bondism rubbed off on the character. I also like THE DROWNING POOL a good deal. Newman isn't really my idea of Archer, but I don't think anyone's going to make a movie about my idea of Archer.

Peter Graves just isn't the actor to carry off Archer (or much of anything else except Joey's dad on FURY), but that's just the beginning of the problems with THE UNDERGROUND MAN.

Jim Beaver