Re: RARA-AVIS: Halo in Blood

From: abc ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 06 Jun 2001

When I first read the "John Evans" books, many years back, I was pretty impressed. I'm sorry to say that re-reading HALO FOR SATAN wasn't a good experience. There are some plot points that I found almost ridiculous. Nothing wrong with the writing, however.

And speaking of Chandler pastiches, does anybody remember a writer named Robert Martin? I thought some of his early books were about as good as the ones by Browne/Evans, though later on the books went way downhill.

Bill Crider