RARA-AVIS: The Store

From: Robert E. Cole ( carvel@prodigy.net)
Date: 06 Jun 2001

Mbdlevin@aol.com - Doug writes:

<<I wrote a review of The Big Con when it was reissued in 1999. A really fine book. The review (a short) isn't up anywhere now, so I'll post it below
(hope that this is not too indulgent--thought a somewhat more detailed description of the book might be useful). Doug >>

I haven't read the reprint yet but the original is a favorite with me.

Several mentions have been made of "The Big Con" without any reference to the film :The Sting" (with Robert Redford) which is an enactment - with logical embellishments- of one con in the book - "The Store". Well worth the effort to view.

Bob Cole