RARA-AVIS: Ellroy, again

From: Mrriter@aol.com
Date: 04 Jun 2001

"If you have to subdivide me as novelist," says Ellroy, "I would say I'm a historical novelist. I think the four 'L.A. Quartet' books are so dense in period detail and historical subtext, that you can call me a historical novelist going back to 'The Black Dahlia' and then, most especially, with
'American Tabloid' and 'The Cold Six Thousand.' Those are historical novels on a grand scale."

http://denverpost.com/Stories/0,1002,26%257E40796,00.html

Manuel Ramos