RARA-AVIS: Bringing up the dead....

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 04 Jun 2001

George wrote:

>Okay, I'm sorry to keep bringing this guy up, but I
>have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. I
>have an unexpected opportunity to be in White Plains,
>NY, late this week or early next. I know that CJD
>lived in this town for some time while he wrote for
>the NY pulps, but I cannot recall the exact dates, and
>I do not have my CJD file with me (I'm supposed to be
>on vacation). Can anyone tell me anything that might
>help me locate his old house, if it's still there?
>I'd love to take a picture or two for the file.

Some public libraries might keep old phone books. And city hall probably keeps voter registration and tax lists from about forever. And there's probably a local historical society that would probably love to help out, if you ask them nicely.

Or you could hire a P.I., maybe one of Race's real-life descendants. He could blast the info out of someone.

--

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.thrillingdetective.com
Now online: The P.I. Poll Grab Bag. Fiction by Laura Lippman, Darren Subarton, Robert Hoyden and Kent Westmoreland. And the debut of FEMME NOIR. -- # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .