RARA-AVIS: Re: Cornell Woolrich / Jim Thompson's Recoil

From: Pengarang@aol.com
Date: 03 Jun 2001

I don't have the book in front of me, so don't remember the exact description, but on the back of a recent Penguin edition of Woolrich's Rear Window, the bio says something about him living and dying a recluse, and, I think, suggests something cryptic about his mental health in later years. I was curious--can anyone tell me a little more about his life after fame?

Also, I recently read Jim Thompson's autobiography, Recoil, and wondered if someone could recommend other (hardboiled) autobiographies by hardboiled authors.

Thanks.

Nathaniel Lachenmeyer