Re: RARA-AVIS: Jones Men/Forgotten Books

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 27 May 2001

Bill C wrote:

"I read THE JONES MEN when it first came out in paperback. All that remains now is the memory that I really liked it and wondered why the author didn't do any more books. Or at least any that I ever saw."

According to the Old School Books reprint, Smith went right back to reporting for Newsweek. As a matter of fact, he claims the novel grew from a bunch of uncorroborated facts he ran across while writing his award-winning report on the heroin trade in Detroit.

The Old School bio also says that as of 1998 he was writing a second novel, now that all of his kids were out of college. Did it ever come out?

Mark