RARA-AVIS: Boston Teran

From: Larson, Craig ( Craig.Larson@tsjc.cccoes.edu)
Date: 23 May 2001

What's the consensus regarding this writer? I just finished his latest, _Never Count Out the Dead_, over the weekend and it was a pretty grim book. It strikes me, though, that he's really trying too hard to be grim and existential. The characters never really came to life. They weren't people I cared about one way or the other, and that made the book a lot less affecting than it could have (should have) been. Should I still give _God is a Bullet_ a try?

Craig Larson Trinidad, CO