Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

From: cooper ( jane@almaludo.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 21 May 2001

From: Mark Sullivan < DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net>
> I was just thinking about this, the appeal of works with no sympathetic
> characters, sometimes despicable characters. As long as they are
> interesting, I'm hooked.

On the same line, I've just read a double header of Charles Willeford, Wild Wives and High Priest of Hollywood.Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa for being on the list for so long and not having read any, but none of rhe characters in either book were the type you'd want to meet in real life, but are bang on the mark as amoral scumbags that make a hb book worth reading. (Apologies on sp) Jane