Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

From: James ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 10 May 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mario Taboada" < matrxtech@yahoo.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 4:38 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

> It's been a while since I read that anthology (and right
> now it's packed away), but I do remember a superb Clark
> Howard story about a jazzman. The title is on the tip of my
> tongue. I also remember a fine P.I. story by our own James
> Reasoner. Or am I misremembering? Agreed on the other
> stories mentioned.

I think the Clark Howard story is called "Horn Man". Can't get to the book right now to check. My story is "Death and the Dancing Shadows". Chuck Fritch at MSMM added the "Death and the". My original title was just
"Dancing Shadows".

I agree about Gores. I've read a lot of his short stories and the original run of DKA novels, as well as _Hammett_. Never been disappointed. I still need to read the more recent DKA books, though.

Best, James