Re: RARA-AVIS: Block, Mankell, Prather, Westlake, Willeford, Woolrich

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 08 May 2001

Karin wrote:

"I remember reading a few of the Burglar books years ago. I should give some of this other series a go."

I recommend trying the Matt Scudder series, particularly Eight Million Ways to Die and When the Sacred Ginmill Closes. His numerous paperback originals are also quite good. I liked Hit List, but I liked Hit Man even better.

"Anyway, with Rara Avis urging me on, I rediscovered Charles Willeford and am very glad I did. Interesting characters, great plots, excellent sense of humour … What more could you want?"

Which three did you read, the other Hoke Mosleys?

Mark