RE: RARA-AVIS: Vachss: Montin

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 08 May 2001

Well, Karin, I must admit that after BLUE BELLE and one other, I'm unlikely to rush to another Burke novel, inasmuch as the Burke family strike me as the noirish Doc Savage Gang, and much less acceptable in this more "mature" context.

I think you make the indictment well. Belle's preferred means of sleeping with Burke is also the extremely impractical fantasy of an adolescent, as well.

I admire Vacchs's legal work, and his other activism. His fiction I've encountered, not so much.

An interview with Vacchs, part of the series RADIO NATION, will be upcoming on the following link:

http://www.nationinstitute.org/radionation/

It's a repeat of a previous broadcast, I believe, but it's worth hearing, if so, and may well be, if new. TM (who used to play RADIO NATION on WCXS, Fairfax County, VA and later on WPPR, Philadelphia, but no longer, unfortunately)

-----Original Message----- From: K Montin [mailto: kmontin@total.net]

I read two Andrew Vachss novels in a row, Flood (his first) and Blue Belle
(the third, I think). But will I read any more of his? After Flood the answer was yes. After Blue Belle, I'm not so sure.