Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

From: Brian Evankovich ( brianevankovich@hotmail.com)
Date: 07 May 2001

Re: Don Pendleton and THE EXECUTIONER books.

I have read practically the entire series! Recently when I was cleaning out some old books, I was amazed to see that 90% of all my old paperbacks were Executioner books. Anyway, while Pendleton always said his Mack Bolan books were "studies in the metaphysics of violence" I never really caught on with what he was talking about. To me, they were just great action novels about good guys vs. bad guys and I enjoyed them so much, it's always been a goal of mine to get on the current Executioner writing team (Pendleton sold the series to Harlequin years and years ago and died in '95). I've tried two or three times, but so far no luck.

Doug, try Executioner #2: Death Squad, and maybe #3 and #4 before you make a decision. They were awesome books. --Brian