Re: RARA-AVIS: 'Cold Six Thousand'

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 07 May 2001

On 7 May 2001, a.n.smith wrote:

: Of course, since my favorite Ellroy is White Jazz, what I like about
: the style might not be everyone's cup of joe.

That's the one that really knocked me out, too. These bad-to-middling reviews would tend to put me off more if it wasn't Ellroy. Lots of people don't like his style (or can't stomach his subject matter), but I've liked all his fiction since THE BLACK DAHLIA.

For those in or near Toronto, note that Ellroy will be speaking at the Hart House Library on 30 May 2001 at 7:30 [1]. Jonathan Lethem is at the Imperial Pub tonight at 7:30, I just noticed. Both events are free.

CRAAAZY.

Bill

[1] http://www.uoftbookstore.com/online/events.ihtml