Re: RARA-AVIS: "New HB Writers 70s-90s" / Terrill Lankford

From: r-and-jclinton ( r-and-jclinton@msn.com)
Date: 28 Apr 2001

> publication of a book by LeRoy Lad Panek entitled, "New
> Hard-Boiled Writers 1970s-1990s" (Popular Press, Bowling Green Univ.)
> Has anyone gotten ahold of it? It is said to focus on Parker, Crumley,
> Estleman, Paretsky, Grafton, Hiassen, Earl Emerson, Crais, Moseley and
> James Lee Burke .

I for one hadn't heard about it, nor have I seen any reviews on it...but if those are the authors it chose as "hardboiled", I wouldn't lend it much credence.

Speaking of new books, I noted that a recently-published anthology had a short-story by our friend and list-member Terrill Lankford and indicates he has a new novel coming out this summer. Care to shed some light on what it's about, Terrill?

Ron Clinton