Re: RARA-AVIS: [John] [Ross] Macdonald

From: Mario Taboada (
Date: 25 Apr 2001

<I checked this in Bruccoli's ROSS MACDONALD. THE MOVING TARGET (1949) was the first of his books published under a pseudonym (John Macdonald--his father's named was John Macdonald Millar).>>

Yes, I have the first Knopf edition and it's by "John Macdonald". A Borzoi book... ah, nostalgia! And the slightly acid smell is a delight.