Re: RARA-AVIS: Nero Wolfe

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Apr 2001

I think the Nero Wolfe series was an attempt to blend the classic detective with the American pi. Not quite hardboiled -- maybe medium boiled? -- but I love this series. Most of the books are quite good -- actually I'd place FER DER LANCE as one of the weaker in the series. I especially like TOO MANY COOKS, SOME BURIED CAESAR, THE DOORBELL RANG, and THE BLACK MOUNTAIN.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com