RE: RARA-AVIS: i've been listening

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 23 Apr 2001

thanks mark,

i wrote those down. i came back from the lake on sunday and my amazon order was laying on the porch. very fast shipping time! on my doorstep 3 days after i ordered them.

i put them all in copyright order and started with hammet's red harvest. lean straightforward prose. short tight sentences. hmm... this all sounds VERY familiar. i need to dig up a chronology of hemingway's books, but i'm thinking _in our time_ and _the sun also rises_ came out around 1925. wonder if hammet was influenced by hemingway?

miker