Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Ellroy

From: Hugh Lessig ( hlessig@earthlink.net)
Date: 20 Apr 2001

I agree. Ellroy has few peers when it comes to self-promotion. Maybe it comes from his screwed-up childhood. I understood him a lot more after reading My Dark Places. He writes about The Crazy Man Act he perfected when his mom was still alive -- just doing all this bizarre and ridiculous stuff to get attention from teachers and kids.

"I was the poster boy for the If-You-Can't-Love-Me-Notice-Me chapter in all child psychology textbooks."

Great on-the-job training for promoting HB.

Hugh