RE: RARA-AVIS: Work

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 20 Apr 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 billha@ionet.net wrote:

> >From a certain perspective, I suppose, they're like other folks that like what
> they do. They don't like the idea of retirement.

But hasn't this been a somewhat usual theme in crime fiction? Well, I mentioned "The Asphalt Jungle" as an opposite, but there is the Sterling Hayden character (my memory is bad when it comes to character names), who wants to get away with the money he's going to have from the caper. He's going to retire.

From some point on, there are no more guys who just want to do the Final Job and get away and move to a remote island somewhere in the Pacific.

Juri