RE: RARA-AVIS: i've been listening

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 18 Apr 2001

thanks for the comments, gentlemen. i passed on _farewell my lovely_ and substituted denton's _blackburn_. this is just my first order based on the group's discussion. i made sure that _farewell_ was available by itself, so i can always come back to it later. i feel like a 7 year old waiting on christmas now.

i have read lehane, ridley pearson, stephen hunter (maybe he doesn't count), jeff deaver, almost all james ellroy, bret easton ellis, thomas harris, and everything by michael connelly and hiaasen (whoops! not
_sick puppy_ yet) and vachss. i've read one each by block, leonard, mcbain, and dunning, and several unmemorable ones from the category i believe you are calling cozies. the ones i read single ones of, i just didn't click with the author. i think the leonard one was _get shorty_.

i've had bad luck giving writers second chances. never seems to work out. didn't with john grisham... didn't with anne rice. but after reading the group i think i'm about ready to give leonard and block another go, though.

i'll be back on monday. gonna spend the weekend on the boat with the family and extended family of the fourwinds marina dock.

again thank you for your comments. up til now i've pretty much read in a vacuum... just wander the aisles of barnes/noble and borders and look. you've opened up a lot of new possibilities.

and neil... who the heck is crumley?

miker