Re: RARA-AVIS: University Courses

From: Ver Besser (
Date: 17 Apr 2001

I teach a semester long high school class that uses _The Oxford Bood of American Detective Stories_ edited by Hillerman and Herbert. I use another anthology to give them an introduction to Doyle and Christie. We also read
_The Maltese Falcon_ and _The Big Sleep_. I also have them do an independent book review. We also watch the film _In the Heat of the Night_.

Leo Kallis