RARA-AVIS: Re: University Courses

From: Gerald So ( gso@optonline.net)
Date: 17 Apr 2001

Hello, all.

I took a grad course called "American Dreams and Nightmares" with Harold Schechter at Queens College (CUNY). The reading list included

Charles Brockton Brown, EDGAR HUNTLY Truman Capote, IN COLD BLOOD James Dickey, DELIVERANCE Brett Easton Ellis, AMERICAN PSYCHO Hubert Selby, LAST EXIT TO BROOKLYN Mickey Spillane, I, THE JURY Jim Thompson, THE KILLER INSIDE ME

For the term paper I did a study of good and evil in the fiction of Robert Parker, focusing on Spenser and Hawk (from when Hawk was a more menacing, dark reflection of Spenser).

Gerald http://odo6140.s5.com/