Re: RARA-AVIS: Hammett's Letters

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 13 Apr 2001

>Did somebody of this list *read* these letters? If so,
>does it give a better insight into this capital
>author's complexity?
I've just started reading the book now. I'm not sure about a "better" insight, but I will report when I've finished, if I can, though I'm no Hammett expert. Many/most have not previously been published, but Diane Johnson and Joan Mellon both saw them. They do make his personality very vivid. I think that any Hammett enthusiast would probably want to cough up the $40.

Marianne