Re: RARA-AVIS: Gault

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Apr 2001

Since we are talking about Gault, I just remembered his fantastic noir novel _Death Out of Focus_ (1959), reprinted in the anthology _Hollywood Kills_ several years ago. It's a truly weird book, wonderfully weird. It's also compactly written, another Gault trademark. This guy knew all the tricks, including the subtle manipulation of point of view. If you find this novel, grab it.

Regards,

MrT