RE: RARA-AVIS: Wm Campbell Gault

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 10 Apr 2001

As the primary Gault fan on at least one other list, I'll note here that his thinking evolved as he got older and wiser (and as has been noted, consider the '50s CF baseline), and that his sports fiction is first rate...he was one of the best in that field (as one-time sports-pulp editor, pioneer sf critic, and brilliant sf writer Damon Knight noted well before I did). Though most of the pulp crime fiction I've read by Gault, in DETECTIVE STORY MAGAZINE mostly, is also impressive. TM