Re: RARA-AVIS: British Books in the U.S.

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 09 Apr 2001

On 9 April 2001, bearlodge wrote:

: Chapters made it less expensive, both for the book and for the
: mailing, for customers in the states. I'll try to report when I learn
: who the new owners are and if they have a website. Or perhaps Bill or
: Kevin Burton Smith can tell us.

Chapters has been taken over by Indigo (www.indigo.ca), a smaller but similar chain that had a rich couple behind it. Neither is ideal, but for Americans either web site (or whichever is there when the merger is done) is worth checking if you're looking for British imports. We have the best of both worlds here, usually staying current with American and British releases even when they have to wait on the other. No Exit books are not unusual, for example.

Bill