RARA-AVIS: Grisaille two

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 08 Apr 2001

Etienne Borgers writes:

<< Citing Burnt Orange Heresy, and remembering its
 "artistic" background and setting, we have to remember
 that "grisaille" is also a word that qualifies a
 drawing (even a painting)in monochrome, wherein the
 selected color is gray (or sometimes dark yellow) and
 the drawing exclusively made from different shades of
 this same color.

I take this meaning to be at the top of what the word imparts, what I meant by: "It has a local artistic context (Figueras the narrator is an art critic)..." Doug