RARA-AVIS: Run, by Douglas Winter

From: Luca Conti ( luca.conti8@tin.it)
Date: 06 Apr 2001

I have been translating Doug Winter's book into Italian (it will be out in September), and I must say that it has been hard work. To me, the book is great - I lobbied quite a lot with the publishing house to have it bought and translated - and I am quite curious of how my version has come out. Mostly, it is a matter of language: American English has quite a different rhythm from Italian, and my biggest challenge was to find a suitable cadence and "sound" that could be adapted to the syncopated style of Winter's novel. Before Run, I had been translating Horace McCoy's "Scalpel", so you can say it has been quite a change of scene for me (even if McCoy's style, in that book as well, is not all that simple).

Later,

Luca Conti

luca.conti8@tin.it luca.con@tiscalinet.it

gialloWeb: