Re: RARA-AVIS: MacDonald

From: abc ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 03 Apr 2001

Forgot to mention that the Milo March books were written by M. E. Chaber, who I believe was really Kendall Foster Crossen.

As for John D., well, I have to confess that I've read everything he's ever written, and some of the books I've read several times. I probably discovered him when I was just the right age, and he was later responsible for my beginning to collect paperback books when I decided I wanted first printings of his novels. About a thousand years ago, my collection of MacDonald titles won second place in a student book-collecting contest at The University of Texas as Austin (first place, I'm shamed to admit, went to a collection of heroic fantasy). I had everything MacDonald had written for paperback up until that time, including the now-elusive WEEP FOR ME and I COULD GO ON SINGING.

Bill Crider