RARA-AVIS: Re: McGee, MacDonald et al....

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 03 Apr 2001

Mark wondered:

>Hey, it's no more bizarre than Mercedes and Lincoln making SUVs, which
>they do. Is there an SUV Rolls?

If there is, some pretentious git will buy one. Gotta have an SUV to tackle all those mountain ranges between their house and the mall, after all...

Ooops, there goes another ice cap...

Anyway, Ellroy's new book is called THE COLD SIX-THOUSAND or something, and there's an excerpt in the latest GQ. And Playboy has a Dortmunder story by Westlake this month....

And are JDM and Michael Collins' politics that different? Sure, McGee's a little more hands-on, but don't they both mostly tend to the left on matters on the environment, politics, big business, justice, etc?

And in a moment of levity, I scrawled:

>Stop the Saskatchewan Seal Hunt!

To which Juri, always concerned about my health, bless his heart, responded:

>Now, what's this? Not very hardboiled, I presume, so Bill Denton shoots
>us if we are going to discuss this in public.

Don't worry about me, Juri, I'm pretty sure Bill, like most good Canadians, is saving up his ammo for the Annual Toronto Polar Bear Hunt.

--
Kevin