RARA-AVIS: Ross Macdonald

From: dgreene@odu.edu
Date: 30 Mar 2001

I'm probably not the person to comment on Ross Macdonald, since my publishing company (Crippen & Landru) recently issued *Strangers in Town: Three Newly Discovered Mysteries* by Macdonald, edited by Tom Nolan. But I do want to say that I think Macdonald deserves his place at our near the top of American mystery writers. For writing style, for understanding of the America of the time he was writing, for both empathy and sympathy with the human condition, he was one of our finest writers.

Doug Greene