Re: RARA-AVIS: They Shoot Horses Don't They?

From: Chris Routledge ( srcrout@ntlworld.com)
Date: 20 Mar 2001

>I enjoyed this one as well. But for my money, KISS TOMORROW GOODBYE is
>McCoy at his best.

For that matter I SHOULD HAVE STAYED AT HOME isn't bad either. McCoy's bleakness is truly outstanding - it's the same attitude as F. Scott Fitzgerald or Nathaniel West but unlike them McCoy implies very little. It presses on you like a great weight. McCoy himself was the opposite of bleak: a dandy, wit and raconteur, highly ambitious and with a love of fine clothes and fancy cars.

Chris