Re: RARA-AVIS: Red Rock West

From: Jim Beaver ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 19 Mar 2001

> Bravo is showing "Red Rock West" this month. I liked it - a tight little
> western noir flick. Does anyone know of director John Dahl has done
similar
> work? He did "The Last Seduction," I think, and I'm sure he has others out
> there.

I was in a film Dahl shot a little over a year ago. It's coming out this summer. Originally entitled "Squelch," it's now been renamed "Joy Ride."

I was a big fan of "The Last Seduction" and "Red Rock West," and I fought to get a part in this new Dahl film. It's not a noir film, but more of a thriller, about three young people running from an angry trucker (a little like the old Spielberg TV movie "Duel"). I haven't seen it yet (other than my scenes), but I've heard rumors that it's quite frightening.

Jim Beaver