RARA-AVIS: Blast of Silence by Baron

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 19 Mar 2001

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Etienne Borgers wrote:

> It seems that BLAST OF SILENCE is a one-shot by Baron.
> I knew a Baron from numerous TV serials... and to my
> amazement I discovered in IMDb that it's the same
> person!

He seems to have directed at least three films and having been an assistant director of "Cuban Rebel Girls", Errol Flynn's last film
(which was sympathetic to the Cuban revolution!).

> I never saw BLAST OF SILENCE (1961)- that I recall;
> heard from it from time to time in Film noir articles
> and comments from the US.
> I suspect it was never distributed in Europe at the
> time

According to the IMDB, the film has been distributed in Germany and Italia.

> If interested you may have a look at the following Web
> page that I found for the film after you posted your
> query:
> http://www.supersphere.com/MediaMix/Review.html?ID=BLASTOFSILENCE

Thanks! Most interesting. The guy also talks about Timothy Carey's one-shot film "The World's Greatest Sinner" (1962), I didn't even know Carey had made a film.

Juri