Re: RARA-AVIS: Red Rock West

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 18 Mar 2001

Prior to Red Rock West, John Dahl co-wrote and directed Kill Me Again, a neo-noir about a down on his luck PI who helps a femme fatale fake her death; of course, everyone who was after her comes after him. It doesn't quite come together, but it's got its positive points, including Michael Madsen as a heavy (is it just because I'm reading the Mitchum biography that I see a lot of him in Madsen?).

Then came Red Rock West, a more successful neo-noir. Still, I think his masterpiece is Last Seduction. What a great movie.

After that was Unforgettable, which I never saw.

Mark