Re: RARA-AVIS: Thompson Spree

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 18 Mar 2001

More noir? Gotta read Goodis. My favorite is Street of No Return, but Cassidy's Girl, The Burglar and Down There (AKA Shoot the Piano Player) are also great books. Some of his others get ridiculous in plot, but his characters are always fascinating.

As for Thompson, I've only read 4 or 5, but Pop. 1280 is my favorite, even better than Killer or Getaway. If you haven't read it you really should before you move on.

Mark