Re: RARA-AVIS: Thompson Spree

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@verizon.net)
Date: 18 Mar 2001

Have you read Domenic Stansberry's "Manifesto for the Dead"? The protagonist is Jim Thompson in LA writing a book for producer of B movies to be marketed with a movie. Not the greatest piece of writing you'll ever read, but worth it nonetheless. I've only read "After Dark, My Sweet" and "The Killer Inside Me" by Mr. Thompson so far so I'm not a good judge of the voice found in Stansberry's work in regards to the parts that are being written by the character Thompson. A good job capturing the film noir feel though.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, VA

Judas ... a stretch of the mean streets on the web
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Miller" Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 1:21 AM