Re: RARA-AVIS: Fischer's THE FAST BUCK

From: jurnum@utu.fi
Date: 16 Mar 2001

Tobin Fields wrote < drspecter@juno.com>:

> The book also put me in mind of a movie I saw years ago
> called BLAST OF SILENCE. I wonder if the director read TFB.

This movie is presented in Silver and Ward's "Film Noir", but there are no other sights of it. What can you tell us about it? Why of all the unknown early sixties B-pictures is that included in "Film Noir", while Irving Lerner's "Murder by Contract" isn't? I have been curious about the film since I first read "Film Noir", but nobody knows anything about Allen Baron, the director who also plays the assassin in the lead role.

Juri