RARA-AVIS: Chicago Paperback House

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 15 Mar 2001

I'm writing from memory, but it was my impression that the publisher/owner of Chicago Paperback House got hit by a car or killed in a traffic accident or some such and that was the end of the house. When Crown brought out Cockfighter as a hardback in 1971 (?), Willeford revised it. I'm not sure to what extent because I've never seen the Chicago version. Betsy could correct me or I could correct myself a bit if I were not so lazy. Doug