RARA-AVIS: Fischer's THE FAST BUCK

From: Tobin Fields ( drspecter@juno.com)
Date: 15 Mar 2001

Just read this novel and really enjoyed it. It's probably my second favorite Fischer after HOUSE OF FLESH. One thing I noticed about it is how accurate the cover was. Usually, the hair color of the woman is wrong, and they always depict her as 36DD no matter how she's described. The cover of TFB has both Bert and Heather depicted very much as written. Strange. The book also put me in mind of a movie I saw years ago called BLAST OF SILENCE. I wonder if the director read TFB.