RARA-AVIS: Bruno Fischer & pulp cover site

From: Duane Spurlock ( duane@emazing.com)
Date: 14 Mar 2001

Rob Preston has an impressive site with loads and loads of pulp magazine cover scans. You'll find it here:

While browsing, I noticed an issue of DAREDEVIL ACES (December, 1943) that carries a cover blurb for a story by Bruno Fischer, "Secret Mission":

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=39311&a=6374120&p=35490203&Sequence=0& res=high

I hadn't realized that Fischer was working that early, and that he wrote in the air-war genre (or that he wrote in any genre other than crime fiction). I think the earliest novel I've found by him is dated sometime in the 1950s.

So I ask the assembled braintrust here, what else don't I know about Fischer?
-- Duane