RARA-AVIS: the Blue Murder series

From: ejmd ( ejmd@cwcom.net)
Date: 08 Mar 2001

"Dixon H Chandler II" < dchandler@nettally.com> writ:

[SNIP]
> I second the recommendation of this series. Great stuff. I don't have
> it handy, George, but wasn't there also a leigh Brackett title in that
> series? I THINK I have copies of The Tiger Among Us and No
> Good From A Corpse under the Blue Murder label, and I have
> here in front of me a copy of Shock Corridor, albiet in a smaller,
> traditional pb-size format. (The other BM titles were in trade
> format.) Looks like the Shock Corridor (and another title I have
> elsewhere, Scarface, by Armitage Trail), was in the smaller
> format, as "an imprint of Xanadu Books," it says on the back cover.

If I see second hand copies of titles in this series I tend to pick 'em up. Like Dixon, I've got two sizes. It looks like the 'trade' size cam out first, as they have a 1988 date on the page with the copyright/edition info, and the smaller paperbacks are dated 1990.

I have the following in trade format:

Leigh Brackett, The Tiger Among Us Gil Brewer, 13 French Street and The Red Scarf David Goodis, The Burglar

and these in pocket book format:

Henry Farrell, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane Kenneth Fearing, The Big Clock

And I suspect there are others around the house.

ED