RARA-AVIS: Robert B. Parker

From: Bill Bowers ( Bill@Outworlds.net)
Date: 06 Mar 2001

Jean Heller wrote:

>Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:07:42 EST
>From: Jeanheller@aol.com
>Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Robert B. Parker
>
>Well, if Bill Crider has ruined his career by admitting he still reads Robert
>B. Parker, I've totally destroyed mine by admitting that I liked the new one,
>POTSHOT. The Wyatt Earp western Parker wrote, probably in tandem with
>POTSHOT, has a pub date in June. The ARC is on my desk. Parker hasn't always
>been at his best with his non-Spenser efforts. If anybody cares, I'll let you
>know what I think.

Well, I'm looking forward to POTSHOT, and am confident that I'll enjoy it. But, once I do so, I'll add it to the pile of previous Spenser's, for eventual sale/trade, before I move.

However I'll keep the two Jesse Stone novels -- which I find considerably more, err, substantial, than the Spenser canon -- and faunch for more to come....

[I have, but have not yet read, FAMILY HONOR, which (I believe) was more-or-less written on assignment for a series of proposed tv movies. Does anyone have an opinion on it -- undoubtedly somewhere in the Archives it's been mention -- or the status ... if any ... of the tv tie-in?]

---
Bill Bowers  |  <Bill@Outworlds.net> | who recommends:
The Fanzine Newsstand | http://efanzines.com/
The Fannish Bookstore | http://fanac.org/For_Sale.html