RARA-AVIS: Michael Collins, Dan Fortune Question

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 04 Mar 2001

Which are the best of this series and which should be skipped? Also, what won Collins (Lynds) the Edgar? I have a chance to get a few of this series. I got "The Brass Rainbow," but early on Fortune is finding out a lot of parlor room information in the murder of a rich New Yorker--who left when, who had the money, what did the appointment books say, did he always lunch with so and so--not the immediate hard-boiled stuff I expected. Doug