Re: RARA-AVIS: The Name of the game is Death

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 24 Feb 2001

I do not have the exact dating of the multiple changes Marlowe applied to this novel. However, your version is probably already a "really modified" one, entitling the author to follow it with a series about his central character. As you red it you will understand what I mean.

The original novel with its original ending was, IMO, way tougher, more convincing. His best novel by far.

Dan J. Marlowe explained many times during interviews how he came to modifications, and admitted "Name..." was his novel having the highest number of revised versions.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384