Re: RE: RARA-AVIS: Henning Mankel

From: Naomi Hoida ( hoida@tokyo.se.fujitsu.co.jp)
Date: 19 Feb 2001

>His first, MヨRDARE UTAN ANSIKTE (appr. KILLER WITHOUT
>A FACE), is his best by far and arguably one of the
>masterpieces of Swedish crime fiction.

Last month, KILLER WITHOUT A FACE was published in Japan and I read it. I like this novel because I felt sympathy with the middle age Swedish detective.I have no Swedish friends and only few ideas about Sweden. But in many ways, I felt him like middle aged Japanese men around me. The second one may be appear within this year depend on the translator's schedule. It is hard to find excellent Japanese translators who understand Swedish language .

Naomi Hoida e-mail SDI00498@nifty.ne.jp hoida@tokyo.se.fujitsu.co.jp CCR WEB PAGE http://village.infoweb.ne.jp/~fwgi9735/index.htm