RE: RARA-AVIS: Henning Mankel

From: Anders Engwall (ERA) ( Anders.Engwall@era.ericsson.se)
Date: 19 Feb 2001

> I'd like to know what's your opinion about this writer, I've
> read one of his
> books THE FIFTH WOMAN and thought it was quite good.

His first, MÖ’DARE UTAN ANSIKTE (appr. KILLER WITHOUT A FACE), is his best by far and arguably one of the masterpieces of Swedish crime fiction. His later ones have unfortunately too often been about these Big International Conspiracies that somehow happen to have connections in an insignificant little town like Ystad
(yeah, right). THE FIFTH WOMAN is an exception this, and as far as I remember one of the better among the follow ups.